If you, or anyone to whom you report, believes any of the following, then it’s probably a very good idea to ask an agile coach to help with your agile transformation:
- Agile is about delivering fast.
- Agile folks welcome chaos (usually takes the form of a boss throwing out random change requirements and saying “Hey, I thought you guys were agile!” when the team complains).
- Lean is about eliminating waste and saving money.
- Scrum equals agile and agile equals Scrum.
- Agile and lean are competing processes, usually referred to as Scrum vs. Kanban.
All of these things are dangerously wrong. If you disagree or have any others to add, please use the comments.